FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex (USA) refuses to honor signup bonus [Consolidated]
Old Jul 29, 2013, 2:58 pm
PainCorp
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by timelinex
You guys deal with this issue all the time and many of you dedicate alot of thought into playing the points maximizing game, so that's why its clear to YOU. However, in reality, this issue is obviously NOT clear.

The letter came to my business name and addressed my business. The fine print says one offer per applicant. Considering this came to my business and addressed my business, its easy to be mislead to thinking that is the applicant. Especially considering, EVERY OTHER FINANCIAL facet of life considers every corporations as a completely separate entity.

I totally understand how if it was this way, people could have taken advantage by opening up multiple LLC's to get a bunch of points. This doesn't change the fact that the rules are NOT clear. My corporations are not shell corporations for liability or tax purposes. They are real and separate companies that have absolutely nothing to do with each other. So I think of them that way.

Lastly, to confirm that everything is as I assumed, I even called AMEX after approval to make sure that this is the deal and offer I'm getting. The rep confirmed it.

What are you trying to say? Its hard to tell because of what seems like typo's. Are you saying you think they might reconsider?
You didn't apply for credit as a corporation, you applied for credit as an individual to be used for business purposes.

You are the applicant who works for the business. If it was a corporate account this might be different.

You don't seem to understand that this is a personal line of credit for business use. I'm saying this again in my response because you keep bringing up the same argument multiple times, despite us answering it.

It's also worth noting that getting a Gold most likely won't get you the bonus, since fine print limits you on when you last held a Business card, and not just that card, it's different.

Also, if this was a legitimate business, why would you care so much about the bonus, and not forming a business relationship with Amex? Seems like you're trying to serve a personal purpose through your business...

Side note...I love when people come here, ask for advice and then argue why people here who have experience (which they wanted) are wrong and don't agree with them...

Last edited by PainCorp; Jul 29, 2013 at 3:07 pm