FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CVS master thread(2013-2016)
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2013, 8:54 pm
pawtim

Programs: All, but no status!
Originally Posted by jrreynolds
Strange thing happened today at my go to CVS west of Boston. They have had VR since day one and are always in stock.

They asked for my ID like they have for the past year but this time they scanned the back of it, the bar code or the image, with their cash register scanner. Transaction was no different other than that.

What gives. This appeared to be on their screen because I asked the clerk and he said ther screen told him to do it. Transaction would not go forward until scanned properly.

This sounds like trouble.
CVS typically scans the back of the drivers license for buying money orders as well. I like it. It's fast and efficient, and I certainly wish Walmart would do that instead of asking the cashiers to type in all that information using their incredibly inefficient touchscreen cash register!

I was at a target store in Seattle couple weeks ago, and I wanted to buy an ice cold beer, the Sierra Nevada torpedo 22 ounce for three dollars. I didn't have my drivers license with me the first time, so the transaction could not be completed! :-(

I went back later with my drivers license, and they scanned it into the register to allow the transaction. It's a pretty cool system! We've had these barcodes on the backs of drivers license for so many years, and it's nice to see cash registers finally using them!