FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New boarding pass notification for TSA PreCheck
Old Jul 28, 2013, 6:24 am
mnbp

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by High Technology
So, this issue struck me this week. The somewhat strange part is the only third party that I use other than my corporate travel and delta.com was Delta Vacations. I flew internationally last month on a DL Vacations itinerary and since then have not gotten Pre-check on my last 3 flights. I checked my Secure Flight info I my profile and sure enough both my first name and middle initial were in the First Name field and the middle name was blank. Since it was international, I entered all of the Secure Flight data verbatim on the DL vacations web site along with my passport info.

For kicks I checked in for another flight (#4) this morning and there was no Pre-Check on my BP. So I called the customer service number that shows in the profile page and had them fix it. The agent also unchecked me in, and about 2 hours later I checked in online again; this time the Pre-Check showed fine and worked as it should in SFO this afternoon.
There's two places on DL.com where Secure Flight information is stored. One place is in your profile - and as you've just seen, there are instances where non DL.com travel agency interactions can cause the DL.com profile information to be modified (messed up).

The most important place for Secure Flight information is in the Passenger Details for each reservation. On DL.com, you can usually verify (and update if necessary) Secure Flight passenger data if you check more than 72 hours in advance of the flight. Display your reservation in DL.com, and under the heading Passengers click on Passenger Information. This will expand the details which includes Secure Flight Passenger Data, which is the fields that will be sent to TSA for THIS flight for TSA PreCheck authorization.