FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Golden Ticket ...
View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2013, 12:43 pm
layz
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
On an even more serious note, I wonder whether service expectation should come into it. If I am in Y and a member of cabin crew does something special should that be recognised more or less than if I am in F where I would expect the bar to be set higher? Any views?
If you have realistic expectations and they were exceeded then positive feedback is worthwhile.

For example this may look good in economy but be poor for F:

- Drinks service was completed within an hour after take off. The food was delivered on a trolley and both choices were available. A further drinks run was conducted a few hours into the flight.

My two experiences in F were both good, but for different reasons:

- (day flight) Very attentive service, champagne glass kept getting topped up until I had enough. Suggested various menu options, made sure I was aware that I could order when I wanted.

- (night flight) asked after boarding if I intended to eat or just planned on sleeping. Initially I said no, just a couple of drinks and sleep, but changed my mind after seeing something interesting on the menu. So I let them know after take off I changed my mind, this wasn't a problem. Food arrived quickly and as they noticed me heading to the toilets with my pyjamas I was asked if I wanted the bed made up.

I'd say in F a good crew is one that can anticipate your needs and be close at hand if you want something. In Y friendliness and efficiency is the order of the day.