FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New CX boarding procedure: 3 lines
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:22 pm
CrazyJ82

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
Originally Posted by fakecd
let's put in prospective.

i think there's simple answer. Just enforce existing rules... RUBY are NOT allowed priority boarding
http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/oneworld...9BC61D0109A4AB

but so often I think Ruby end up in Business line. Also change rules on MPC green to deny priority boarding. How often have you seen guys flashing green card? (i think that's comedy personally, "do you know who I am?" with green card).

sometimes airport just don't have facility/room to have 3 seperate lines.
I'm all for keeping other ow rubies out of the priority line, since it's not a published benefit.

But in general, I'd oppose any further expansion of boarding lines. Three borders on too many. Every time I travel in the U.S. I'm struck by how, in an effort to flatter elites' egos with precise gradations of priority boarding, the airlines have devised a boarding procedure that resembles a problem on an IQ test (and which most pax seem to fail). CX manages to get people onto the plane quickly, and how often has an elite here, standing at the end of a long elite line, still not found room for an overhead? (Barring some KA PVG/PEK flights where every pax is an elite of some sort.)

As for the GR...let's not start that discussion again. I think this forum has already covered it ad nauseam and we'll all have to agree to disagree with each other on that one!