FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CVS master thread(2013-2016)
View Single Post
Old Jul 23, 2013, 5:28 pm
WhateverDude

Originally Posted by Jwerking
So logistically, please help me with the steps on how to load the $500 onto my BB acct. Do I just follow the directions on the VR and when at Vanillareload.com - I enter the BB acct # as the "prepaid card number" (AMEX) and the VR scratch off PIN #? Sorry for the stupid question - but just want to make sure I have it right since this is my first time.

Also, visited my local CVS and they had totally different Vanilla cards. The packaging was black with 2 horizontal stripes with the name" My Vanilla, Personal Reloadable Prepaid Card". Says that after registering online - you will receive a car in the mail in 7-10 days. I assume this is NOT the correct Vanilla card to get for the BB scenario - is that right?
Yes, you simply go to vanillareload.com and enter two numbers 1) the bluebird account number (which will appear on the permanent bluebird card that you receive in the mail) and 2) the number under the scratch-off area on the back of the VR. Click submit, accept the terms (i typically have to click submit again after accepting the terms), and it will show you a "success!" message.

You are right, the My Vanilla is NOT the same as the VR. Do not buy the my vanilla reloadABLE cards at CVS. The correct VR card should be very similar to the one you bought at 7-11 (more of a plastic placard than a credit card looking thing). It will say "Prepaid Reload".

Once the VR funds have been transfered to the Bluebird account, you can login at Bluebird.com and manage your account (i.e. use billpay to pay off cc bills, pay mortgage, obtain checks, etc.).

Feel free to PM me with any questions.