FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pickpocket-proof Clothing??
View Single Post
Old Jul 23, 2013, 4:24 pm
Shak51

For me the purpose of these clothing is it gives me layers of protection. I carry walking around money and 1 credit card in my front pocket wallet. Anything else I may carry will be divided up in other places. How many layers I carry all depends what I am doing. If I am sight seeing I carry one other credit card and some extra money in a more secure location as well as back up documentation. I store an additional credit card and the bulk of money in the hotel safe. If in route it is sort of the same routine but my passport goes in a location that I deem the most secure as well as the bulk of traveling money.

My one favorite piece of clothing are Tilley pants. Yes this is the same Tilly that make popular hats. Besides being nice looking and functional they are also well made and travel well. The best feature is the secret pocket. This pocket is big enough to carry your passport and small wallet. This pocket is also very hard to detect because it is in the actually in the pocket as compared to some that have a zipper next to the pocket. The secret pocket is secured with Velcro and hard to detect if you didn't know it was there.

I also can't agree that anyone deserves to be victimized by crime.

Shak