FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CVS master thread(2013-2016)
View Single Post
Old Jul 23, 2013, 4:08 pm
Jwerking

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum - 2M miles
First Timer

I have to meet a min. spend of $3K on my new Citi AA VISA for the 50K bonus miles. It is a bit hard to do since we are now retired and no large purchases anticipated. I have been reading this thread on BB for hours. Finally figured out what "VR" and "GC" stand for - LOL!

Just went to the local 7-11 and purchased a VR "Prepaid Reload" and convinced the cashier to let me charge the $500 amt to my CC - even though he initially said cash.

I need to open a BB acct with Walmart - will do this online.

So logistically, please help me with the steps on how to load the $500 onto my BB acct. Do I just follow the directions on the VR and when at Vanillareload.com - I enter the BB acct # as the "prepaid card number" (AMEX) and the VR scratch off PIN #? Sorry for the stupid question - but just want to make sure I have it right since this is my first time.

If it works, I will go back to 7-11 and try to purchase additional VRs and hope they let me charge it again!

Also, visited my local CVS and they had totally different Vanilla cards. The packaging was black with 2 horizontal stripes with the name" My Vanilla, Personal Reloadable Prepaid Card". Says that after registering online - you will receive a car in the mail in 7-10 days. I assume this is NOT the correct Vanilla card to get for the BB scenario - is that right?

Thanks for the help - it is a bit confusing. And of course, I am always on the tail end of great schemes since most retailers are now asking cash payment for the VR cards.