FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frankfurt: Which Starwood? [Master Thread]
Old Jul 23, 2013, 8:43 am
CIT85

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by karenkay
we have 24 hours in FRA on layover as part of a longer trip...i'm considering the sheraton at the airport, or the congress (cheap points rate). is there anything near the airport hotel other than the airport itself, like small shops or restaurants?

we have no interest in hotel restaurants, but also don't want to spend a great deal of time on transit, since our time in FRA is so limited.

nm--having just read the rest of the thread, i'm thinking the airport sheraton--with early check in--and i'll take the train to the city for the day. make sense?
You're contradicting yourself. You want to stay near the airport so you don't waste time on transit, yet you'll take the train into the city for the day?

Personally I would consider going into the city and stay at the Westin. You'll spend the same amount of time on the train and get away from the airport. The Westin also has a nice Lounge since you'll have access as SPG Plat. It's more convenient and leisurely to base out of the Westin as you walk around the city.