FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SQ & LX J, AZ & EN Y and an LH flightless bird
Old Jul 21, 2013, 3:15 am
sydunipete

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Thanks YuropFlyer,

the value of local knowledge! it would be exactly the same in my city - Sydney. When I think some other cities are expensive I think I would pay the same if I went to the tourist parts of Sydney (eg. Circular Quay) but of course us locals don't (usually) go there. But if we do we are not surprised at the outcome.

From memory lunch in the old town - just one main dish and a beer each was about 80 CHF. Only later did we discover the english menu given to us didn't include the specials of the day which were much cheaper and more interesting.

You may be right about the train ticket. I do recall that it included the possibility of a cable car. It's one of the challenges of being a traveller and not having the time to do extremely detailed research. You buy what's recommended to you.

Thanks again for your detailed information that will hopefully help many visitors to Zurich and also thanks for your kind words about the trip report.