FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Consolidated "Is United 1K Status Worth It? - 2013/14 Edition
Old Jul 20, 2013, 12:46 pm
StingWest

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I've posted about my $20 RN>R or IN>I challenge, and no one has taken me up on it yet. If you pull the fare codes in Expert Mode, or on sites like KVS/EF, the PN bucket coms right before R, and of course PN>R almost always. I think people see them and mistakenly think they're comparing RN/R.

As always, I'll PayPal $20 to the first person to send me ANY future example (1-330 days from now) where RN>R or IN>I.
OK, it's more correct to say that I'm pretty sure I saw RN > R on the Paris flight booked recently, but of course these things disappear once one grabs them, so there's no way to be certain.

Your challenge is duly noted....

And back On Topic here, 1K is definitely worth it! If you're close - go for it! You'll get most all international upgrades (unless you buy the very cheap fares or travel at peak business times). You'll get a lot of domestic upgrades, even occasionally hug-to-hub (which are the most difficult, I think). And regardless of how the call center technology works, the 1K line number will get you to an agent fast. The 1KVoice email has always responded for the past year or so, anyway, usually with a reasonably coherent message and applicable compensation when appropriate.

Oh, and I forgot to mention those 6 SWUs (whoops GPUs) - definitely nice...

Last edited by StingWest; Jul 20, 2013 at 4:04 pm