FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone Ever Get Turned Down for Global Entry?
Old Jul 20, 2013, 10:31 am
zgscl

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, Rapid Rewards A list, Sky Miles Gold Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Eric Westby
No one knows for sure. My guess, however -- and it's purely a guess -- is that there's some sort of algorithm involved that provides a score, akin to your credit score. One might get points for stable employment, for being a US citizen, for never having had a run-in with the law, for living in one place for a length of time, even for being married. Anything to show stability.

Certain things appear to be automatic dealbreakers, like attempting to evade a Customs law.

So in a nutshell, my best guess is that employment history might have some bearing on how they score an applicant. But again, this is pure speculation. I have no idea how they'd score someone who was, for example, independently wealthy.
I just got Global Entry. I have moved around jobs a lot and have had a fair amount of short term positions. They asked me where I work now but didn't seem too interested. I am a college student so that may have had an impact. I would think that if your friend has a good explanation, and no other issues that they would be able to get it. By the way I had one speeding ticket which they didn't care about either.

Good luck to your friend!