FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Consolidated "Is United 1K Status Worth It? - 2013/14 Edition
Old Jul 20, 2013, 4:31 am
FlyWorld

Originally Posted by gpicur
MITCHMU, WOW that is news to me. About 10 days ago I bought a W class ticket for my wife ORD to Paris. When I checked the FARE CLASS bucket on United.Com I thought I saw R-0 RN-1. I have seen on other itineraries O-0 ON-1, etc. So I think there is a bit of an advantage for 1Ks. Also, the 800 XXX-1000 number I use is open to all premiers ? Who knew ?
That number goes to same place as others - they eliminated the 1k desk shortly after takeover. There is a thread on that.

I have truly never seen RN>R since takeover.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
I have gone thru my fares YTD (20+ RTs), all domestic, the base fares have run 84% to 92% (averaging 88%) of total fares. Understand certain international airports (sometimes based on cabin) can have additional taxes but I will need to leave those to others to run the numbers. So, for now, 2x $10K estimates appear to be a bit on the extreme side.
Are taxes the only part excluded from "qualifying" dollars?

I noted clearly that that a major portion of the incremental was value attached to time and frustration for tracking and fighting with CO.