FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New boarding pass notification for TSA PreCheck
Old Jul 19, 2013, 7:54 pm
brocklee9000

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Originally Posted by arkangel
Actually, pre-check saved our bacon at SLC. A couple of weeks ago, with a 5:15pm departure, and due to a couple of factors, we didn't arrive at the airport until 45 min. prior to departure. Was able to check our bags prior to the 30min. cutoff, and then went to Terminal B security. Very long regular line, but no one in pre-check, except us! Cool!! Thru in less than 5 min.
Yeah, I totally see what you mean. It was, quite literally, a miracle that I got through security last Friday; I ran all the way down C concourse and only stopped to scan my BP, then kept running down the jetway. I've never seen SLC that bad. Serpentine through the security lines about 10 rows deep, and then all the way down the hallway, to the skycap/parking garage, and doubling back almost right to where the escalators come up from ticketing. I was terrified because, as I was afraid of, no PreCheck was printed on the agent-printed BPs. It still appears to be a problem. And since my final destination was YVR, the system wouldn't let me do an eBoarding Pass, so no precheck for me even though I know I should have had it. So thanks to that, I nearly had a heart attack.
And now I'm in ANC in the Board Room, thanks to PreCheck. I got it on my mobile BP, but I also asked the TA to print them out just so I could get some closure, and sure enough, my ANC-LAX BPs don't say anything about PreCheck. But I just scanned my phone, got the three beeps, and was on my way. I forgot to triple-check by printing the kiosk BPs, but I can add my voice to the many who have reported no PreCheck on ticket agent boarding passes. Boo.