FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Jul 18, 2013, 7:44 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jigri2003
Hope I did not miss a relevant post, but has anyone who already had an open AA Plat Visa at the time of applying for the latest 50k Plat Visa offer already completed the spend and had the 50k post to their account?

The reason I ask is the language in the T&C about existing cardholders not being eligible. Although I know the prior experience with similar offers has been miles posting if approved for the card, I don't believe that language existed for the prior offers.
Two things to be noted:

First, I'd call in post 265 the supposed T&Cs. That's because there are additional T&Cs in the application page itself, and there it says:
• This offer is only valid for new accounts.
(which is the traditional "frequently churnable" language).

So there's contradictory T&Cs apparently for the current 50k Plat Visa offer (at the top of the Wiki). It says "rarely churnable" in one set of T&Cs but "frequently churnable" in the other set of T&Cs!

Second, even the "existing cardholders" clause does not really mean what it says. It means the (12 to) 18 (to 26) month "rule" applies. (And that rule, at Citi, is from when you last applied for a card they're "counting", not when or whether you cancelled it. Citi doesn't count uncancelled cards against you, it just may count cards you opened "too recently" against you in some cases.)

Last edited by sdsearch; Jul 18, 2013 at 7:52 pm