FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Jul 18, 2013, 3:56 pm
jeanie

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by bailey911
That's what I am trying to figure out. I live in FL and in 2012 the 2 BM resulted in 1 equi hard pull. In June 2013 the 40k MC resulted in 1equi and 1 exp - for both me and the wife. Want to go for the 50k but will freeze 1 bureau to avoid 2 hards.

Question is in my case I know they will pull equi but if they try to pull a second bureau and its frozen will they deny it because they could not get the 2nd pull?

Anyone know?
You do risk them denying it because they cannot pull the second bureau. But that is the way it is supposed to work, the way I understand it. A credit freeze means that you do not want credit to be issued in your name. I went through identity theft, and a freeze is meant to protect crime victims from having accounts fraudulently opened in their name.

Also, while asking someone else's experience on this board can be helpful, it does not mean you will have the same outcome. If someone else was able to get a card even though they had an active credit freeze, that doesn't mean you will get a card, too.

If Citi does deny it, you can call reconsideration within 30 days of applying. If the reason for the denial is the freeze, you can offer to unfreeze the report. It may or may not work.

If you decide to give it a try, please post your results!