FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Some Paid Upgrades Count Towards PQD & mileage bonus and some DON'T!
Old Jul 18, 2013, 1:38 am
boilerla

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, AA Silver
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The rules for non-cash upgrades are clear, original purchased fare determines bonus but the cash upgrades are a bit of a lotto at the moment (although UA Insider's comments provides some guidance) and it is unclear where UA intents to go with this in the long run.
My by-up offered at time of purchase on my flight this weekend did NOT post at the P fare class. And I checked when I booked back in May that the terms & conditions seemed to imply, if not outright say, that I would get PQM based on the first class P fare.

So while UA Insider's comments seem to imply that I should not be getting any bonus at the moment (although still waiting confirmation), the Web site is still very misleading or outright lying, or at least it was when I booked two months ago.

Submitted a request to MileagePlus CS, crossing fingers. I booked two flights at the same time, and did the buy-up on both to keep my Platinum status for 2014 (and make two transcons more bearable). If it doesn't work, I won't be a happy camper.