FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)
View Single Post
Old Jul 17, 2013, 11:32 pm
uncommonsensical

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Rant: Why is the title of this thread still for 3/24-4/20/2013 when people are reporting new offers past this date??!

suggestion, why not just omit the dates?

Anyways, chicago's version of safeway is called dominicks, and today by chance I went shopping for a specific product only found here and saw a big sign that today was the last day of the visa gift card promo, buy $100, get $10 back in store coupon for your next purchase. I was mad that I did not find about this before (last time I got a bit carried away) but was able to buy at two different stores, a $500 visa gc. I specifically asked customer service, they said, all is good. At register did not work. One store gave me $10 store gift card, other gave me $10 cash.
i think doing a ton of the 100's, though a better net deal, attracts too much attention and makes liquidation a PITA. since credit cards for visa/mc gift cards is pretty iffy with safeway, i prefer not to have a reason to look at me more than they already do with all my purchases. that, and so many similar transactions on my credit cards. there are a lot already, 5x as many and it seems too much- for me anyway.