FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Safeway/Vons master thread(up to 2017)
View Single Post
Old Jul 17, 2013, 3:23 pm
vtqanh

Programs: United Airlines Premier, Starwood Gold Preferred Guest, Hyatt Gold Passport, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by aegt123
Are you serious? so this works with $500 gc?

Can you load MC on BB at WM. I have drained 100s of visa, but never a MC. Do you get a PIN during activation?
Yes, you should get $10 coupon for buying $500 MC GC. It worked the last time they had this promotion for MC and it still works now. I just tried it today and got a coupon. What I intend to do is to come back later and try again to see if you can get more than 1 coupon per club card account. For the Visa promotion you could, because the language of the offer only excluded variable load, it did not say limit 1 per household like the MC offer.

Safeway's in my area seem to have the policy of cash-only for variable GC's (but CC okay for fixed values). I suspect this is a policy from the district. However, this is enforced loosely. In one store, the store manager is okay with me buying a variable GC using a credit card, but the assistant manager always said no. Funny.... But over time I kinda learned who would allow CC purchase and what time they usually work so the problem is mitigated somewhat.

You can use the MC to load BB at WM. It's a bit tricky because you have to hit change payment type to debit on your screen (not the cashier's screen). It's a bit more painful, but it can be done. You get a PIN by calling the 1 866 952 5653 number.

Another nice thing is that this coupon should work automatically (based on past experience of the previous time they ran this promotion), unlike the $10 visa coupon