FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges [General discussion]
Old Jul 17, 2013, 6:45 am
Greenpen

So, here I am in GF for the first time since the catering change. This is my opinion:

Greeted by some one after the lounge dragon check. Actually a lounge angel who after scanning my boarding pass greeted me by name (so incidently did the check in woman).

Prawn sandwiches (2) were nice and tasty.

Chicken Szechuan (an order dish) was served in two dishes; the chicken was lacking seasoning of any sort let alone Szechuan spices. It was also gritty; I can cope with gritty winkles but chicken should be grit free! The wok fried vegetables were crispy but lacked any character.

BA burger. Burger was okay as regards texture but totalling lacking of any taste, including beefburger flavour! This is a very poor effort at a burger. Wedges were slightly soggy.

Spicey beef short rib. Very soft and tender with a nice mild spiceyness. Too fatty for me though with lots of waste left on on the plate.

Cheese and meats. Brie under ripe; milanese salami nice and the chutney a pleasant addition.

Kettle crisps. Will steal and eat later.

Drinks. Guest champagne is Collet, non-vintage. I enjoyed a glass of this; it is a very dry brew. However, I prefer the citrus nature of the 2005 Tatt that's also available. No old world red. Two French whites.

Service was very good. Ordered the chicken by intercepting a waiter and the burger at my chair. Used glasses and food being removed quickly. Lounge pleasant and clean although busy.

Overall, not up to the previous standard. There were some interesting lunch time dishes available under the old provider. Too much featureless sloop on the hot buffet which while I did not taste looked poor. Perhaps they're still working on the contract transition.

As any good FTer, off to check out the working class lounge upstairs!