FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Want to know your CIV score? Just ask then!
Old Jul 16, 2013, 2:51 pm
badoc

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
We have been around and around about CIV scores over the past few years. This conversation has been repeated before I'm sure. You are of course perfectly within your rights to ask to see it. This can however be done discreetly but if the crew member doesn't even know where it is then I'd argue its usefulness (as a number that one needs to know).

For those who are desperate to know, it is a number that BA assigns to the passenger that rates them on a scale from 0? to 100. Golds start at 36 - which I've always found amusing since this is the highest OW tier (emerald) and it only ranks just over a third of the way up the scale. Make of this what you will

I'm sure back office systems can utilise this number for op-ups but, as we all know, these are often last minute and not necessarily predictable by any airlines IT systems. Otherwise they would not be done at the gate and it would be a seamless passage from check in to seat - knowing immediately where you would be sitting and what awaited you.

And if the OP was as inebriated as they might be, I doubt any of your personal data was recalled. Lets face it - what is on the manifest anyway? Name, seat number, OW status. Of course you could always be identified as a vegetarian