FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Grand Krakow, Poland [Master Thread]
Old Jul 16, 2013, 1:39 pm
RAPC

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Just back from a 3 night stay here and thought I would follow-up.

Booked a classic room on the cheap Beat The Timer rate, that was about 50% lower than the best rate at the time of booking last month. On arrival we told that we had been upgraded to a Club Room, but it wasn't available. We were told it would be around 40 minutes and was offered a seat near the bar. I suggested a key to the Club Lounge might be easier, which was provided and we waited up there instead.

Checked an hour later and the room wasn't quite ready, but it was a couple of minutes later exactly on the dot of standard check in time. Efficient
We were told about the club lounge and offered full breakfast in the restaurant. Due to the full breakfast, the platinum amenity was a choice between 500 points or a local gift. The local gift is a bottle of vodka if anyone is interested.

The room was reasonable enough and was a typical Sheraton brand standard. A small seating area, work desk, king bed etc, with a view over the river and the edge of the castle. Comfortable enough and perfectly good for our 3 night stay.

The bathroom was also a decent size, with the shower in the bath tub. Next to the sink was a small Sheraton Krakow rubber Dragon. The Dragon is a famous symbol at the nearby castle and was a nice touch. I assumed it was for guests to take away, so it has now joined my collection of rubber ducks from other hotels

The lounge was never really busy during our stay, so it was pleasant place to hang out. It can seat about 30 people and has wine and beer available throughout the day, as well as some soft drinks and tea / coffee. Not sure about the breakfast service, but the rest of the day has a few small snacks and fruit. There is also an expanded selection of food in the evening with a couple of hot items, some additional cold selections and some desserts. Not too bad at all.

Breakfast in the restaurant was a relatively varied buffet selection with a mixture of hot and cold items. What was noticeable was that despite a very young staff, they were very attentive and kept everything moving. Plates were cleaned away swiftly, tea / coffee arrived shortly after ordering and items were constantly topped up and replenished. One of the best run restaurant operations in the Starwood family.

The location of the hotel was great for us, with it being close to the castle, as well as it being easy to head to the old town and the main tourist areas.

It is also worth mentioning that they participate in the Starwood 'Make a Green Choice' program. That was a nice 1,000 bonus points for declining housekeeping during our stay too.

Overall, a very enjoyable stay. The hotel isn't the most luxurious by any stretch, but they make you welcome and look after you during your stay.