FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any plans to rebuild the UA concourse (C and D gates & UX terminal) at IAD / Dulles?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 10:21 pm
andrewwm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by JetAway
Pax levels at IAD have declined while those at DCA have increased. SFO, LAX and SEA have all been downgauged. Some IAH flights are now RJs. EZE is gone. HNL is a tourist route as is DUB. I doubt that MAN will last long (who goes there?). What are the upgauges on "several" routes you refer to?
United flew almost exactly the same number of pax through Dulles in 2012 as they did in 2010, about 9.5 mil or so. The number of flights affected by the merger have largely just amounted to shuffling around a few high-visibility flights. Most flights have remained the same.

SFO and LAX lost the x1 or x2 daily widebody flights, which, yes, is a bummer. EZE was dropped but a few other flights have been gained. I can't see how SEA has been downgauged since it never had widebody service and has always been served by a mix of 320s and 757s. IAH-IAD was served by mostly RJs before the merger, now served by mainline. A few Canadian cities are getting mainline service. But these are mostly changes around the edges.

Mainline ops have remained at about the same level at IAD since 2009 - same number of mainline flights as pmUA.

If you can draw from these statistics that ops are "a shadow of their former selves" you've got a special talent in hyperbole that I'd like to help you market.