FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Confirmed: Changes to Citi ThankYou and Premier cards 10.20.2013
Old Jul 15, 2013, 3:19 pm
Flyer737

Programs: UA nothing (former multi-year CO Platinum), AA 1M Gold, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by roki
Hey FT,

There are some changes coming to the Citi ThankYou and ThankYou Premier cards, effective on new applications on July 28th, 2013. Existing cardmembers will receive notification in late August, and changes will go into effect October 20th, 2013.

ThankYou Premier

Positive changes:

Negative changes:

Regular ThankYou

Positive changes:

Negative changes:

You will earn flight points on any tickets PURCHASED by October 19, 2013.
                          You will have access to booking through Spirit for the companion airfare through October 19, 2013.
                          Any flight points you have will remain until you convert them with matched spend.
                          Thanks for the info! I have a grandfathered PPE card with no annual fee, so I will probably keep the card. But my several thousand $/month will go to zero when no longer matched by flight points. This is not even close to competitive. Why would anybody earning TYP care about restaurants on PPE when the Citi Forward gives 5X?

A few questions.
                          1. How do you know this?
                          2. So the flight points earned by everything booked by October 19 will remain until matched by spend?
                          3. Is there any limit on how long we will have to match the flight points?