FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The LA Hotel Downtown REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - NO LONGER HYATT 18-Aug-14
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:56 pm
4aks

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
I stayed here again a week ago

I had a regular room, it had been renovated.

The bathroom was actually nicer than the suite bathroom I was in earlier in the year - they had removed the tub and installed a shower in that space - a much nicer solution than what they did in the suite, which was keep the outdated tub in place (with no shower head) and cram a standing shower into the corner next to the toilet - so that it's way too tight to even get into the shower and close the door. Anyone bigger than me would have had certain difficult, it was awkward for me to get in and out.

WIFI login didn't work, had to spend time on the phone with tech support to manually add my computer to the login system. I told the tech support person I had a diamond 4pm checkout, though this was ignored and my WIFI expired at noon on checkout day.

Breakfast is nice

The pool could be fine, but is neglected. The furniture needs to be updated. The lounge chairs are designed to have removable pads on them, but none are available. The WIFI does not reach the pool.

I had a car on Saturday - was able to park on the street on the one-way down to main road from the hill.

They forgot to post my bonuses, I had to call in.

Most signs say that it'll be a Regency in the spring 2013 after $20m renovation. Other signs say $25m renovation underway.