FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Jul 14, 2013, 10:52 pm
hnf8705

Originally Posted by CFFrost
Thanks for the reply and info. Sounds like they just expedited a "replacement" card for you (which, I can see from a security perspective why they might not want to expedite a new card but might be willing to expedite a card on an existing account). Maybe if I wait until Monday they will be able to expedite a card for me? I'm just trying to make sure I have the card by Thursday at the latest as I will be heading out of town.

Edit to Add: I tried to call and ask for the card to be expedited, but once again was rebuffed. It strikes me as very odd that Citi is so unwilling to do this when Amex does it automatically on most cards, and other issuers do it on request. The initial rep I chatted with online told me I would have the card "no later then this time next week." However, the phone rep told me 7-10 days.
I suppose that is possible. Although the rep who finally said he would rush it for me didnt mention anything like that. And i did also have other reps tell me it wasnt possible because i was a first time card holder. And when I asked further was told they can do that only if you already have some kind of account with Citi.. So that fits your security theory.. I dont really know, but I guess I got away with something that usually doesnt happen. So maybe you could just request a replacement card?! But i remember the 7-10 days time frame quote and know i got BOTH cards before then. I hope you get it soon!