FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Luxury Hotel
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2013, 6:16 pm
mike_la_jolla

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Originally Posted by submonte
Glad I found by accident this thread, which gives me the opportunity to recall my memories of my Savoy stay.

I have staid in many LHW group hotels, this is none of them, but The Savoy is an excellent luxury hotel in terms of service, rooms, restaurant facilities. I staid there 2 nights this easter. Had afternoon tea, with excellent "English" service, and breakfast. The location at Strand is not my first choice (Mayfair preferred).

What annoyed me were people with what you call "casual attire". I call it bad taste and slovenly clothed. I would stop those guests as well if I were responsible, there is nothing for them to find there. They really destroy the traditional atmosphere of this extraordinary beautiful best renovated hotel with that great history, and not the Fairmont management or the service staff. The less guests like this come, the more often I will stay at The Savoy when I am in London.
Well. OK. Dressed EXACTLY like this: Steve Jobs, I was thrown out of the Savoy restaurant and bar. This is normal attire in high tech and I wouldn't call this 'slovenly'. I'll defer to your fashion judgement and just stay elsewhere in London.

PS -- To my credit, I was wearing a Brioni cashmere sweater, but the Savoy fashion police weren't impressed.