FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bluebird prepaid debit, now with FDIC insurance and paper checks (2013-2014)
Old Jul 14, 2013, 5:25 pm
DCBob

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Here's one very rough guideline that's worked for me: figure the most likely candidates are stores in neighborhoods where folks may live a more cash-oriented and bank-averse lifestyle. To make it specific to DC, more Southeast than Northwest--although I have no doubt that there are some stores in NW that have VRs and there are some in SE that don't.

That doesn't guarantee that the individual store will allow purchases by CC or that the sale gets coded in such a way that you get extra points, but it's a start.
Thanks, but the problem in DC is that the 7-11 stores in this area carry a paltry number of gift and prepaid cards to begin with - there isn't even a slot for VR cards. It's not a big deal because I live within a 3-minute walk of CVS, which usually has them in stock (and probably within a 15-minute walk of a dozen others).

I'm not going to hop on Metro and venture into SE DC just to find a 7-11 that has VRs. The extra time and money would negate the value of buying VR cards there, esp. since there are seven 7-11 locations within a mile of my home (according to the location finder). I will give the other six a try when I'm in the neighborhood.