FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive
Old Jul 14, 2013, 6:04 am
Mihiker

Results of Mini AOR July 13

Chase Sapphire Preferred (40k after $3k spend, $95 annual fee waived first year) - instant approval, very hefty credit limit
Chase Freedom ($100 Cash Back after $500 spend, no fee) - approved during recon call, moved credit from existing card
Gold Delta AMEX (45k after $5k spend, $95 annual fee waived first year) - instant approval, don't yet know credit limit
AMEX Blue Cash Everyday ($150 reward dollars after $500 spend in 3 mos - pending (indicated they need further information from me and asked that I call)
Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature (50k after $1k in 3 mos, no fee) - instant approval, generous credit limit (first Citi card)

Spouse applied for Platinum Delta AMEX Business 55k offer a few days ago (offer expired 7-7-13) and was approved (applied on phone due to web issues).

Overall I stand to gain:
40,000 Ultimate Reward Points
$100 statement credit (Chase Freedom)
45,000 + 55,000 Delta Skymiles between me and spouse (plus the free Coach companion cert on his platinum)
50,000 Hilton Points
Possible $150 if AMEX Blue Cash Everyday is approved (not too concerned if I don't get this as I already have the preferred version)

Need to spend $15k in next 3 months. Between spouse and I and some manufactured spend I don't see an issue. Biggest concern is making sure we mix in enough regular spending to keep things looking good.

Things I learned:
I received much better offers for AMEX cards when I used a Google Chrome Incognito window (private browsing session). I used the Card Match Tool and was able to get the 45k Delta Gold (standard is 30k) and the $150 Blue Cash Everyday (standard $100). It took a bit of playing around and just trying the links several times to get the applications to work, but eventually they did.
Do not take AMEX up on their offer to pre-fill the application by using your existing account info. Act like you don't have an existing account and fill the entire thing out.

Chase added my new account immediately to my online account (basic info like last 4 of card, credit limit, statement closing dates, etc.). Can't use the cards yet of course, but nice to see them all linked.
AMEX provided very little information for the approved account and didn't even mention the credit limit. I could call but I think I'll just wait to get the info in the mail.

I pulled a free credit report from each bureau a few hours after the applications.
Chase pulled once on Experian and once on Transunion.
AMEX pulled Experian once.
No pulls on Equifax.
Don't know what Citi pulled as I applied after pulling my credit reports.

Will be interesting to see how Credit Sesame and Credit Karma think these new accounts as well as the new hard inquiries impact my scores (I know they're FAKO).