FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Jul 13, 2013, 8:26 pm
IkeEsq

Originally Posted by Superorb
I only pay the AF if there's some sort of anniversary bonus like the BA or USair cards. Both of my Citi HHonors cards have no annual fee so I wasn't sure if I should be keeping them open for any reason. And also if I go for AAdvantage Visa #2 bvefore or after canceling one of the HHonors cards. Also, I was approved for the AAdvantage Biz card June 5th if it makes a difference.
That is fine when you have only a couple, but after a while they start piling up. My wife and I had 3-4 HHonors cards each before I started clearing out the most recent ones. Plus, we currently have 5 AA personal cards each (with my wife having a sixth showing up this week).

We never had a problem getting new Business cards with open Business cards so we just cancelled them before the AF came due as they don't do retention offers on Business cards AFAIK. Others have had problems so it makes sense to close them after the bonus posts.