FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - At the Airport - What can Agents do with Award Tickets?
Old Jul 13, 2013, 11:52 am
stanj

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by NC_Girl
15 minutes or so ago, I spoke with an agent who told me that the date of the change was not 21 days in advance but it had to be at least 21 days from the date of the original flight.

For example, the ticket was on August 21st and the correct date was Aug 27th. She said that I had to change it for at least 21 days AFTER August 21st in order not to pay the $75 change fee. So I told her to leave it alone. She said the ticket was not issued properly yesterday and that she would do so now.
I think the agent is wrong. IME as long as the original date of departure and the new date of departure are > 21 days away you should be ok.

However, the charge may be because you had the ticket reissued after 6/19 and the new change-fee policy now applies to your ticket.

+1 on tweeting. Not sure what an airport agent can do, it'll probably depend on who you get.

You could always call again and a try to escalate it to a supervisor, just keep stressing that it was their mistake for making the incorrect date change in the first place.

Good luck!