FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Promo : Requalification Gift in 2013 : Double Points or 25%(Gold)/35%(Plat) off award
Old Jul 13, 2013, 11:10 am
rikramer

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, SPG Plat
Anyone else have any issues using the 35% promo? Applying this to a reservation seems to have caused a lot of issues with my reservation. I had originally booked a 4 night award stay for 48,000 points. Once my 35% off coupon was applied to my account I called the PLT line to have it applied to that existing reservation. Issues I've since had:

1. After a very long wait the agent applied the coupon and deducted the new amount (31,200 points) from my account. After hanging up I realized that they never reinstated the 48,000 points. That took another long call the next day to get this reapplied.

2. I now notice that the suit night award request I made for this reservation is no longer tied to the reservation; however, the original 4 awards remain removed from my account. When I try to resubmit the request for the award, I get an error message that some rates do not allow suit night award requests.

Seems to be a bug in the system. Anybody else have similar issue(s) and/or have suggestions for how to get this fixed?

EDIT: I'm now on the phone with the global concierge team and it's a complete cluster. Apparently I have two reservation numbers and they are saying the platinum agent messed up my reservation. I may have two reservations or none at this point. Very stressful and annoying.

Last edited by rikramer; Jul 13, 2013 at 11:28 am