FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best credit card conversion rate to Asiamiles (HK) - 2014 and prior
Old Jul 12, 2013, 4:08 am
fakecd

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
avoid Citibank card like a plague. Without getting into intricate details like...
- never able to speak to a real person on their phone banking having went through 10min of prompts (not even to Indian Trainee in Bangalore)
- being promised certain welcome offer 20k asiamile so I signed up to Premimer miles card, then only being told that no such offer exists... not solved until I informed them I will file a formal complaint to HKMA (central bank of HK) as well as presenting evidence of Citibank offer showing 20k Asiamiles
- being charged late fee + finance charge because their bill never turned up apparently never sent
- my personal details being sold/used so I get daily phone calls from Citi telephone sales asking me to borrow some money
- increased my credit limit without my consent thus affecting my credit score
- never being able to cancel this card - despite going to a branch (after failing on telephone banking speaking to some Indian dude) they said I must pass a 2-week retention trial period

sorry I said i won't get into details but I hate citibank with disgust and their ongoing troubles aren't worth the welcome offer.