FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will you *not* visit or transit a place because of its laws?
Old Jul 11, 2013, 9:17 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by mandolino
I guess they don't have to defend what they do to anyone except the Israeli nation.
Then maybe airport users from elsewhere but I and my colleagues didn't have any issues with their security procedures and practices.

They've been doing it since before most other nations discovered the reality of aircraft and airport terrorism and I'd say the results speak for themselves. I'm sure they'll be interested in your expertise in WEI and hardened anti-commandeering though.
If the voodoo "security" of profiling were to work reliably, then the country ought to have had better results to show for it after doing combing operations in the Palestinian-majority areas under Israeli control for decades.

Originally Posted by mandolino
What information are they getting from your fingerprints that they can't get when they scan your passport?
The only thing is a confirmation of the identity that was originally meant to be guaranteed by just your passport.
There is a legitimate argument that the state and other organisations gather too much information on private individuals, but proof of identity at the airport is not the front line in this battle.
The irony of the last line in the above quoted post. Those who are not ignorant about matters in this area have know for years that the massive surveillance programs run by the US derive their legal cover in large part from the very same basis that allows for the current security policies at US airports. And the travel-related ID demands of the USG are being used in conjunction with mail cover type authorization that is another pillar of the legal basis used by the US to operate the massive surveillance infrastructure and use it on US persons too.

To answer the question in the last post quoted above: fingerprints. Fingerprints don't necessarily confirm identity. Familiar with the head of the EDL in the UK and his travel history? Then no need to ask me to explain this paragraph.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 11, 2013 at 9:26 pm