FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avis offer: 3h 99€ Porsche rentals for HON/F pax in FRA & MUC
Old Jul 11, 2013, 3:20 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rivlinm
Good to know. Thank you both.

Has anyone done this? Worthwhile for a bit of excitement? I'm not really a big car guy, just thinking it could be fun... Or just a waste of cash?
Yes, worth it. But important not to do it during rush hour, otherwise you can't really get that fast. Also, hard to stay under the 150km.

Originally Posted by htb
I wouldn't do it while jetlagged... It's not only your life!
Jet lag has nothing to do with it; all it has to do with is how well-rested you are. I slept for 5 hours on the way over (new 744 F); that's a pretty normal amount of sleep for me. So what if it was 4am in the States? I was wide awake after a good night of sleep. Now, if I stayed up all night on the flight drinking and watching movies, that would be a different situation.

Thinking I'll do it. Now I just have to remember not to drink...
Depends on your flights; a glass or two of champagne 7 hours before your drive doesn't hurt anything. 2 hours before your drive I wouldn't recommend.

Any route suggestions? Don't really know which of those would be best. Would like to reach a high speed at some point on the trek.
They have their own recommendations on the website but frankly, you can just ask where to go at the counter when you rent the car. They are perfectly aware people are only doing it for fun to reach high speeds. I think that is the point. What else can you do in 3 hours?

I am departing FRA on TG F so the FCT is out for me. Will they still let me drop it off at the FCT?
1) Probably not. Seeing as you are not entitled to use the FCT, why would they let you use the services of the FCT (i.e. the valet service)?
2) What possible purpose would that serve? You drop it off at the FCT only then to walk to the terminal? Most people walk to the FCT from the terminal, not the other way around. Wouldn't it be easier just to return it in the terminal where you rented it and go to the B FCL from there?

Originally Posted by ngfan
Does "valid boarding pass same day" and "First Class passengers" mean to be eligible for this offer if arriving in LH F (-> F boarding pass from day before) and connecting to a domestic LH C ?
FWIW, they didn't bother asking for my boarding pass at all. I'm guessing they aren't all that strict about it and arrival is fine.

Last edited by Ari; Jul 11, 2013 at 3:31 pm