FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Old Jul 11, 2013, 2:53 pm
kaipoman

FWIW, decided to do a little churn today as my mortgage was funded a few weeks ago but the loan itself has not shown up on my credit report yet.

Already have the Freedom (07), Sapphire (12), BA Visa (12), Ink Bold (12). Applied for both the Hyatt and IHG cards. Hyatt instantly approved with a $23k credit line (currently have $17k credit between three personal cards + whatever the Bold offers) and told decision pending on IHG.

Called about 2 hours after application, lady asked why I was calling as the IHG was approved on its own about 20 minutes after the application. She said they needed to look and see whether or not I had opened another Chase card within the past 30 days, and that going forward I should be sure to not apply for more than 2 (with Chase) per month.

Also approved for a Citi card at the same time.

Creditkarma score of 700. No new cards within the past 6 months but a lot of inquiries (30% of them due to mortgage shopping) within the past year...15 I think.

Last edited by philemer; Jul 13, 2013 at 6:04 pm Reason: removed profanity