FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Towers Singapore [Master Thread]
Old Jul 11, 2013, 1:45 pm
Fizzer

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
I did describe it earlier in the thread, so I hope nobody berates me for repeating it.

We were on an 8 day reward stay but had used points to specifically request an Executive suite, because that was the level that granted Club/ Lounge access according to spg.com. We had made a phone booking through SPG as it was not a standard points redemption. The reason given by Reception was that there were only a limited number of suites and that ours was the only one coming free that day but that the Plat had been granted a late check out as per the SPG T & C. It was especially frustrating as we were tired and the check out kept being pushed back. At first we were told come back at 2, then 3,then 5 before finally getting the room at 6.In all fairness at 3pm ,by which time our irritation was no doubt showing , they offered us another room temporarily.We took it but didn't take our bags because we didn't want to unpack and then repack. When we did get the room we asked about Lounge access and that's when we were told it was for Plats only and had to produce our confirmation listing lounge access ( which is still listed on spg.com with a suite btw ) as included.. We were granted it as an exception they said (in poor grace IMO ).

These are the benefits listed for a Towers Executive Suite right now that they seem to think are just for Plat SPG members.
"Rate incl bfast,8 pieces laundry/dry cleaning non-accum complimentary internet
603 sq ft / 56 mē
Executive lounge benefits
Separate living room with sofa
Butler
Complimentary local calls"