FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How many miles are in your mileage account? [Consolidated]
Old Jul 10, 2013, 4:17 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 925
SPG around 3,000,000 (lots of credit card use)
AA just under 1,000,000
DL fluctuates in six figures, and I HATE trying to use them on DL as DL always gouges so badly
The other 6-8 accounts have under 100,000

I find they are a lot easier to earn than to spend on routes and times that I am willing to fly. And I have to keep earning AA to earn my EXP, so flying with points on AA is a no no for me.

Oh, and half a million BA miles in a household account, so only me or spouse can use them and they never fly where I want to go. Ugly bitter story here.
Impressive haul on SPG.

AA award availability is so poor in past 1.5 years it is worse than when UA had StarNet blocking a few years ago. If not for CX J/F still easy to get, AA miles are worse than DL miles for where we want to go!

How you could not find usage for BA Avios? You dont need to fly BA at all. We are using their partners for shorthaul redemptions for any Intra-Continent flights - Intra-Asia use CX (not MH because MH charges much more YQ than CX), Intra-Europe use AB and NIKI, IB, and S7 inside Russia is great usage - LED-DME only 4500 Avios and $7.50 taxes. AY is good too but has to call to book in many cases. Intra-Australia you know that would be QF. Intra-Africa BA's sub ComAir saves you loads of money.