FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - “Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories
Old Jul 10, 2013, 7:38 am
Bicostal

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Crossin Jordan
How about this for an analogy.. I am a PM, upgraded to F. Any GMs that have been upgraded to F can also enjoy all the benefits that come with sitting in F (PDB, pillow, snickers). However, any trips a GM needs to make to lav take second priority to me. As a PM, if I need to cut in front of the GM at the lav, it is my right to do so because i have more status. Bummer for me, however, if a DM gots to go, because i'm now lower priority in the bathroom line.

Such a situation would be no less inconsiderate or arrogant than cutting in front of Y passengers.
Still fails the analogy test.

When an airline has a policy that provides differential levels of benefits based on cabin it is not DYKWIA to take advantage of those benefits nor is it unDYKWIA to refuse to do so.

It is DYKWIA of someone to demand benefits to which they are not entitled by fare class or status. It is not DYKWIA to request benefits to which you are entitled by airline policy.

It is not unDYKWIA to accept something less than what is policy without comment. Accepting a service fail without comment at the point of service and rather waiting until later to complain doesn't make you a better human being.

You have every right to refuse the benefits pursuant to policies afforded by cabin or status as others have pointed out. You don't have the right to do so on my behalf, particularly if you are not entitled to a benefit to which I am.