FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays Arrival/Arrival Cards (1.1%/2.2% travel credits)
Old Jul 8, 2013, 10:12 am
milesforfamily

Programs: IHG, American airlines , BA club and others
Hi, I have commented about my experience with this card on MMS blog. Hope it helps someone. Here it goes:
"I have a very odd data point to report. In spite of all the problems with Barclay’s , I took a chance on this card anyway. I am a stay at home mom with no income. So, about 4 months ago I applied for US airways card. I put honestly on the app only my annual interest( about 2000 dollars) and naturally got rejected. After reconsideration call, I did manage to get approved though. I barely used the card after bonus. When I saw the Arrival card, I really wanted it. Additionally, I saw , that a new law was passed, where I may be able to count my husband’s income. I used my US airways card for a couple of weeks , leading to my application, because Barclay’s does not like inactivity on their cards. So, on my app , I put in my husband’s income this time, but still put homemaker (honestly) on occupation. The app went into pending and I really had little hope of approval. I did have 2 prior inquiries on Transuinion in the last 6 months, and about 4 total new cards added (I managed to convince other issuers to give me credit cards, by shifting credit lines et. cetera) So, after 10 days, the credit analyst called me (!) and wanted to check , whether I meant to put “homemaker”. Indeed… I told her truthfully about the situation and asked about the new law. She was aware of it, but said Barclay’s at this point chooses not to count household income. I thought it was over at that point, but she asked me how much savings we have (not much), and our house value (paid off, worth around 100 thousand) . She than put me on hold and approved me with 2500 limit. Looks, like I still should get 40000 points. I have no idea, why Barclay’s finds me a desirable customer. My theory: 2 inquiries in 6 months is usually OK (BTW I was never asked about any other apps) , they like to see virtually no debt and some usage on other Barclay’s cards.Or maybe , it was just a fluke, you decide. Strange bank…"

Last edited by philemer; Jul 10, 2013 at 4:22 pm Reason: remove link