FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bluebird prepaid debit, now with FDIC insurance and paper checks (2013-2014)
Old Jul 8, 2013, 9:42 am
Buckaroo123

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I have 3 BB cards, under my name and SS#, My father and mother too. All addressed at my house. AMEX just want to make sure they have a SS# because of the patriot act.

My Partner has his, and one under his sisters name with her SS#.
Thanks.

Forgive me for opening a can of worms, but is anyone concerned if using another person's BB card would cause any tax problems down the road? I do not think there is a 1099 with bluebird, which has been discussed in the past, however, if there was an audit for the other person, they had to provide bank statements, would that involve the BB in their name/ssn? I guess it comes down to if BB is considered a checking acct. If you load money (debit card load, rarely cash) and pay bills and some small spending. I guess it would be an easy explanation. I have never had any tax issues or experience with any of this as a younger dude, but just thinking out-loud. I apologize for my crazy talk and doomsday thinking, if it is..

Thanks

Last edited by Buckaroo123; Jul 8, 2013 at 12:13 pm Reason: thinking..