FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Old Jul 7, 2013, 12:23 pm
cowboyguy

Originally Posted by oneworld82
Hi,

I applied for a Chase United (Sep 12), BA Chase (Dec 12), Sapphire (Mar 13). Got approved for all three, with ~20k of total credit limit. I then applied (2 weeks after my Sapphire) for an Ink Bold card, and I got rejected. Calling a credit analyst didn't help, and he raised two concerns:

1. I obtained enough credit and my credit history with Chase wasn't long enough;
2. My business was "too new" (really???!)

Suggesting to move credit lines around didn't help either as he said my accounts were too new...

I will now wait 6 months from the denial date to reapply. At that point, I will have had 1+ year of on-time payments with Chase, and I would be ready to close my UA card if need be. Do you think I stand good odds to be approved? My credit score is >720.

thanks!
I'm in the same boat as you. I got approved for Chase Southwest, Freedom & CSP within the last 6 months. Recently applied for Ink Plus but got rejected. They told me the same things i.e. you've obtained enough credit and business is too new. I had a score of 709. I guess waiting for 6 months is a good idea.