FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Luxury Hotel
View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2013, 2:08 pm
FlyerEC

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by Blackbook
Has anyone recently stayed at the Cafe Royal Hotel? How would you compare it with the FS, etc?
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Yes - entirely different concept and style from the FS. I found it very refreshing for London - a really good mix between historical preservation and contemporary minimalism. The Grill Room, which is now a Champagne & Caviar Bar, is sumptuous. Food, generally, is British - sometimes from old British recipes, so quite interesting. The Spa is yet to open - hopefully soon - but it has the advantage of an indoor pool.

I am a big fan of FS Park Lane, especially its suites, but wish it would improve its Amaranto menu, or preferably turn it into a modern British restaurant. The only hotel which does really authentic Italian is Bvlgari, where the food is excellent - And it makes sense for Bvlgari to have an Italian restaurant, whereas it makes no sense at all for FS to have one.
Didn't stay but pleased with what I saw of the public areas & lunch at TEN - on what must be my briefest visit to London ...
Swimming pool will only be ready in Sep when all the hotel should be functional . Will stay after.
They have made a conscious attempt at practical preservation.
Gutting the interiors of the 3 buildings. That allowed all floors to be on the same level i.e. unlike Brown where e.g. 2 nd floor in one part , maybe 2 1/2 or 3 rd level in a separate wing..