FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jul 5, 2013, 11:03 pm
thom1033

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

You should be able to check the bags through to MEL -- even on separate tickets -- as long as you show the AA agent at LIT a printout of your LAX-MEL ticket.

And you will be protected in the event of a misconnection, even on separate tickets:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/agency/Bookin...tkt_policy.jsp
So, I'm all booked but am a little concerned about my connection time on the way out in DFW. I'm on AE 2526 LIT-DFW, 1:55 - 3:10, connecting to 2455 DFW - LAX 3:55 - 5:10. The LIT flight is an ERJ and thus in Y, but I'm in first (fare code P) for the flight to LAX. I wanted to give myself plenty of time in LAX before my QF flight that evening, especially given I have little faith in the LIT staff's ability to check my bag all the way through to MEL since they're on two separate tickets. I'm assuming the worst in having to collect and recheck my bags in LAX.

So, am I being paranoid about my connection time in DFW? I'm sure it'll be a gate change. First and foremost I don't want to miss my connecting flight, with secondary concern that if I miss and wind up on a later flight it won't be in first. Really only a concern as I paid out of pocket for this, it isn't an award.

If I'm not just being anal, should I try to get on an earlier standby seat out of LIT, or pay a change fee to confirm on an earlier flight?

Or just calm down and suck it up?