Old Jul 5, 13, 9:49 pm
Aventine

Recently went back to the PHT Busan for a 4th of July dinner at the Dining Room. First impressions were favourable. The welcome is smooth, the service charming and graceful. Fellow diners range from jeans-clad tourists to Russian ladies in Chanel nibbling on Kobe sliders to businessmen having their company hweisik with tons of expensive wine. It's definitely a grown-up atmosphere and those with kids would probably be better off at the Living Room, one floor below.

We did the cher's experience set menu with wine tasting. It was very filling and absolutely delicious. It sure made up for the terrible monsoon weather we'd been having in Busan.

This amuse bouche was nothing to write home about. Smoked salmon with grated parm and a bit of yuzu infusion. Felt uninspired.

One of my favs of the night. Not drenched in sauce and quite light.

Warmed the belly up but wish it was a bigger serving of soup. Felt right after coming in from the rain.

Felt very high class with the copper pans and candles.

Broiled lobster and Australian wagyu. Let me state for the record that I am a steak purist: I like my beef seared, salted and peppered. Full stop. No sauce, no garnish, no sputtering pats of butter. It was nice they offered a compliment of homemade sauces for the wife though.

Creamiest mashed potatoes ever. Almost worth the price of admission right there!

The apple pie was a nice slice of Americana as well.

There are issues. The small menu is repetitive: if you and your party don't like meat or sushi then you're pretty much SOL. Sides are extra and a bit pricey if you're not ordering the set menu.

Last edited by Aventine; Jul 5, 13 at 10:03 pm