FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott-family hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (thru Oct. 2018) [Merged threads]
Old Jul 4, 2013, 2:55 pm
JPjava

Hi all. I've been lurking for a bit and following various threads. At the risk of creating a similar stir, I'm hoping for some help in choosing a hotel for a 2 night pre-cruise stay, for a cruise from the Manhattan terminal. I will have two cat 5 certificates that I could use. Alternatively, I should have enough points by then for a cat 6 property. Obviously, I'd prefer to use the certs over the points, but will go with the points if necessary.
My primary criteria is convenience, which to me means proximity to subway stations. Breakfast would be nice but not required, and a decent/safe area. I'll be flying into Newark.

As of right now, I'm booked at the Fairfield Midtown Manhattan/Penn Station. Is this the best choice for ease of access via subway? I know there aren't cat 5 in Manhattan, but if you have suggestions for Newark or other locations, I'd love to near them.

Barring that, is there another category 6 you would suggest? Thanks for the help, ice looked through the thread as much as possible but it is rather overwhelming!

ETA- I'd consider going with a 7 if it was worth it, probably not more than that.