FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WTH is this? An "advice" forum? Travel for free forum?
Old Jul 4, 2013, 11:20 am
srdshelly

Programs: Many
I certainly found MilesBuzz more useful before as a go to place for what's new, rather than primarily an advice forum. I would check daily at MilesBuzz, maybe several times a day, to try to pick up on the latest opportunities, not knowing in which airline, hotel or credit card they may occur. I'm really not willing to take the time to check each airline, hotel or credit card forum serially very often on the speculative chance something useful may come up. I go to those forums for specific information I want to know, not for general catching up. I guess I'm one of those bad guys now that rely mostly on the bloggers to keep up with that aspect of it.

And I think the appeals for help are hurt too by being isolated, because some readers are not interested in going to a forum just about dedicated to that, but would be willing to jump in at times when we have some expertise when we come across such appeals mixed in with the other topics that used to be part of MilesBuzz.