FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Preferred - Keep, Downgrade, or Cancel?
Old Jul 3, 2013, 9:07 am
MilesGator

I got a Freedom MC in November 2011
I got a CSP Visa (and Ink Plus MC) in November 2012

I've got a few questions that hopefully someone will be able to help with.

I've read somewhere that you have to have a Chase card for 366 days before you are allowed to change it. Is that true?

If it is true, then I will have to wait until November 2013 before I can downgrade my CSP Visa. At that time, I was thinking of downgrading it to the Freedom Visa (a Visa to Visa downgrade, so hopefully wouldn't be a problem). But eventually I'd like to get the CSP again (love the customer service and the physical card is just damn cool!). After downgrading the CSP Visa to Freedom Visa, I will probably wait 30-45 days until I do another AOR.

From reading this thread it seems that IF the CSP MC is available in December 2013 (big IF, I know) that I would be able to get the bonus. Is this accurate?

If the CSP MC is not available in ~December 2013, will I be able to apply AND GET THE BONUS for a CSP Visa? If not December 2013, is there some time frame that I could wait before I apply for the CSP Visa and be eligible for the bonus?

The answers to these questions would be immensely helpful in my determination of whether to keep/downgrade my CSP Visa/Ink Plus MC.