FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Istanbul - Old Town {TUR}
Old Jul 3, 2013, 5:22 am
BotB

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by unknown786
Can anyone recommend any good restaurants nearby? Looking for something authentic and not too "touristy" if possible!
Sorry this is too late to help you, however, I did find the business card from a place I can recommend for any others going to Istanbul:

Palato Cafe Restaurant

Akbiyik Cad. No. 40A 34122 Sultanahmet-Istanbul

www.palatorestaurant.com

It is located about 2 Km from the hotel so not right around the corner but in a nice area just below the blue mosque area...It is touristy there and really just a street of hotels and restaurants but this one in particular really stood out when we tried it one night. The food was excellent and did have a mix to satisfy anyone, the service was brilliant and they provide a few things for free with the meal to try to get you to keep coming back (coffee, dessert for example).

It was a great place to sit and watch people go by, eat a very good meal at a reasonable price and I will be going back to eat here again.

Hope this is of use for those looking for something that is not directly in the hotel but also not too far off the beaten track.