FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Radisson Blu Ambassador Opera, Paris - Left July 1st
Old Jul 2, 2013, 6:03 pm
DCAcubsfan

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, CC, AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
I've stayed at all the CC hotels in Paris, and I think you are far under-estimating and over-simplifying the great location of this hotel. It's the most centrally located hotel in Paris, and makes walking to anything fairly easy (and anything not in walking distance can easily be accessed by the Metro station a few steps away). The Lourve and most of the other museums are all less than a 15 minute walk away. While the other hotels in Paris are nice, their locations dont lend itself to doing any walking and require the metro. Further more, if you plan on spending a night on the town, since the metro's stop at 1am, you're stuck with a very expensive taxi ride since most of the nice bars/clubs are nowhere near the other CC hotels.

With all that being said, I did find the staff to be consistently rude and less than stellar when it came to any kind of help. However, the rooms were by far the largest of all the CC hotels in Paris and it's location was what brought me back.
Centrally located sure, but the metro is pretty accessible in most places such as the Radisson Champs Elysees or Trocadero. I just didn't find that part of Paris to be all that appealing, but perhaps that's just my preference. I'd prefer something closer to the Louve, say in the St. Germain area. Much more to see/do there.

Definitely agree that the staff were mediocre at best and of course, I got food poisoning from their food, so yeah, I don't get any warm and fuzzy feelings thinking about my stay here.